Tuesday, April 1, 2014

YSL La Laque Couture "Spicy Collection"

Normally I am extremely faithful to Chanel when it comes to nail polishes. But since it looks like they are not releasing anything all that interesting in the near future (unless you are into the boring red/pink/coral kind of color palette) I didn't feel guilty checking out what other designers are releasing this Spring. Dior has a few pretty products in their 'Trianon' and 'Transatlantique' collections, but none of them were must-haves for me. 

Now, the real standout this season is YSL's La Laque Couture "Spicy Collection", a range of nail polishes inspired by, yeah, spices. The collection includes seven different nail polishes, but not all of them seem to be available everywhere. 

I was lucky to get my hands on "Safran Sultan" (#42) and "Ambre Gingembre" (#44). I passed on "Feuille D'Or" (#47) for multiple reasons (gives me carnival vibes, looks like it could get messy, would clash with my silver jewelry, etc.). 


source: yslbeautyus.com

"Safran Sultan" is exactly what it promises to be, a lush saffron color. It's unique and interesting and I love how it matches the eye color of my BSH cat (important detail, yup). "Ambre Gingembre" is a nice amber shade that resembles the "ginger" used as descriptive term for red hair. It's the first non-trashy orange-y nail polish shade ever, seriously. It's warm and deep but not garish. Super beautiful.

What's awesome about both nail polishes is that they are super easy to apply (love the wide brush!), one coat is enough and will look fantastic for over a week. 

Favorite beauty release of the year so far!


No comments:

Post a Comment