Monday, April 28, 2014

WANT WANT WANT

When it comes to buying clothes, I try to be rational in spite of my serious love for fashion and designers. But sometimes being rational is hard, really hard. Not to mention how hard it is to not be able to afford most things you want. But, usually I can deal with all that pretty damn well. This season, however, I'm struggling. The reason being this incredible Junya Watanabe MAN reversible jacket:


source: farfetch.com

Argh, isn't it beautiful? I tried it on earlier this year, not expecting that I would actually fall in love with it. I didn't want to take it off. But at around $1,500 it was not something I could spontaneously splurge on. So I decided I should wait for it to go on sale. The jacket, a collaboration with traditional German Outdoors manufacturer Seil Marschall (You may want to go to their website to convince yourself of their total charming German-ness), is the standout piece in the glorious Spring 2014 collection. Not too surprisingly, it's already sold out almost everywhere. Last weekend, I went back to the store where I first saw it (MAC in Hayes Valley) and they seem to have sold out of my size, as well. I am probably out of luck and will never own this jacket, but this is one genius and gorgeous fashion item that I will dream about for a while.  It is fashion. Swooooon.

No comments:

Post a Comment